Gaining skills in knowledge exchange and mobilization (KxM) can help you increase the impact of your research. Register now for Research to Impact: Skills, practices and tools for KxM — an eight-week training program for those hoping to enhance their capacity to do public scholarship.
This KxM program is designed for UBC faculty, post-doctoral fellows and grad students doing research aimed at informing practice and policy in the areas of health and social services, education, population health and well-being. It will be delivered as a combination of short learning modules (via Canvas) and weekly interactive presentations and discussions with KxM experts (via Zoom).
Zoom session (with KxM experts) details:
- Fridays, Feb 3 - April 6
- 1:00-2:30 pm
- no sessions on March 17 or 24, to accommodate the VSB spring break
- final session on Thursday, April 6
The following topics will be covered:
- What KxM is and why it matters
- Mapping stakeholders and partnering in KxM
- Partnering with equity deserving populations
- Partnering with Indigenous communities
- Policy communication
- Targeted dissemination
- KxM models and frameworks
- Writing your KxM grant
Register by January 6, 2023.
Questions? Contact us.